You think the biggest mistake the home-owners make is choosing the wrong contractor for their home, but sadly, it’s choosing the wrong colours. Everyone has an idea on how a wall should look like and would love to see the result as per their idea. At GT Painters Sydney, we will help you with some tried and tested tips. For example, warm colours are combinations of yellow, orange and red; while cool colours comprise of various shades of blues, purple and green.
6 Tips for Choosing the Right Colours
1. Adding width to a long and narrow room, it’s best to go with lighter colours for the longer walls and darker shades for the shorter walls.
2. If you would like a smaller space to feel spacious, it’s advisable to stick to the lighter colours on the walls and preferably choose a hue of the same colours.
3. It’s important to remember that the kind of lighting in the room you choose will affect the appearance of the colour. Fluorescent colours tend to make colours appear greener and bluer while on the other hand incandescent lights add orange and red tones.
4. Placing swatches on the walls won’t work because the colours tend to appear different when matched with multiple colours. It is better to match the swatches on the furniture and drapes to see if the colours are best for the walls.
5. Ceilings are usually painted white to create an appearance of height. However since white comes in various shades as well, it’s better to pair up warmer and cooler shades according to the ceiling colour.
6. A particular room describes a particular atmosphere, so it’s important to make sure the room is in accordance with the right colour. Darker and warmer shades tend to make rooms feel livelier while cooler and lighter shades add peaceful vibes. Some rooms tend to affect the mood naturally. For example, bedrooms need to be designed to feel calm and relaxing. Other rooms will lean towards whatever your design and vision desire. How to perceive a room will depend on your choice whether you would like to make a dining room elegant or festive.
Paint your house to happiness
A house will feel like a home if a part of you can be seen and felt by others. The colours you choose have a psychological effect on moods and emotions and your choice should have logic and personal preference in moderation. If you want to talk to a professional regarding how to choose the correct colour for your interior, call 1300 813 001, 0401 606 826 or 02 9680 0399. GT Painters specialises in Residential , Commercial, Strata & School painting services.